Imam Jalaluddin al Mahalli, was well known for the exegesis of the Holy Qur’an, later completed by his renowned student al Hafiz Jalaluddin al Suyuti and was known worldwide as Tafsir al Jalalayn!
Imam Jalaluddin Muhammad bin Ahmad bin Ibrahim bin Ahmad bin Hashim al Jalal al Mahalli al Qahiri al Shafi’i was born in Shawwal 971H in Cairo.
Alhamdulillah, we are now in the holy month of Zil Hijjah. There are numerous virtues of this month that we as Muslims should act upon.
It was reported from Sayyiduna Ibn Umar rda who said, the Holy Prophet (pbuh) have said, “There are no days greater in the sight of Allah SWT nor more beloved than doing amal during these ten days ( of Zul Hijjah ), so increase tahlil, takbir and tahmid during those days!” [Al Tabarani:Mu’jam al Kabir]
This is the khutba for marriage to be read before the ceremony. It was taken from Al Azkar by al-Imam Muhyiddin al Nawawi.
The following acts are prescribed as Sunnah at the beginning of the day of ‘Eid al Fitr before proceeding to the ‘Eid prayer:
1. To wake up early in the morning.
2. To clean one’s teeth with a Miswaak or a brush.
3. To take a bath.
4. To put on one’s best available clothes.
5. To wear perfume.
6. To eat a sweet food, preferably dates, before the Eid prayer.
7. To recite the following Takbir in the low voice while going to the ‘Eid prayer