THE SUNNAH OF EID:
by Imam Ali Siddiqui
1. Wake up early.
2. Offer Salatul Fajr. 3.Prepare for personal cleanliness take care of details of clothing, etc.
4. Take a Ghusl (bath) after Fajr.
5. Brush your teeth.
6. Dress up, putting on best clothes available, whether new or cleaned old ones.
6. Use perfume (men only).
7. Have breakfast on Eid-al-Fitr before leaving for prayer ground. On Eid-al-Adha, eat breakfast after Salaat or after sacrifice if you are doing a sacrifice.
8. Pay Zakaat-al-Fitr before Salaat-al-Eid (on Eid-al-Fitr).
9. Go to prayer ground early.
10. Offer Salaat-al-Eid in congregation in an open place except when whether is not permitting like rain, snow, etc.
11. Use two separate routes to and from the prayer ground.
12. Recite the following Takbir on the way to Salaat and until the beginning of Salaat-al-Eid. On Eid-al-Adha, Takbir starts from Maghrib on the 9th Zulhijjah and last until the Asr on the 12th Zulhijjah (Note: For the Shafi’i school, takbir starts after Asar on the 9th and ends after Asr on the third day of Tashrik): Allahu-Akbar, Allahu-Akbar. La ilaha illallah. Allahu-Akbar, Allahu-Akbar. Wa-lilahill hamd. (Allah is greater. Allah is greater. There is no god but Allah. Allah is greater. Allah is greater. And all praises are for Allah).
More on Jannah.org